Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre Conditions
Regular updates on Lake Eyre water levels, bird life, road conditions and more.
Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre Information
- Water Level:
- June 2023: Water is flowing all the way down to the most Southern region of Lake Eyre North: Belt Bay. The Warburton Groove is flowing and the Warburton Lakes are overflowing. This is a result of Queensland flooding of the Eyre Creek and Georgina. Stay tuned.
- Some birdlife
Lake Eyre Conditions & Water Levels
As of June 2023:
- Water is entering the most Southern region of Lake Eyre North: Belt Bay
- Floodwaters from the Georgina River, Eyre Creek & Diamantina flowing into Lake Eyre.
- Madigan Gulf - dry, shimmering white
- Warburton Groove: Flowing
- Lake Eyre South - dry, shimmering white
Bird Life - Channel Country
Bird life is frequently seen by air but not all bird types may be found on every flight (we cannot guarantee viewing of birds) Currently, May 2023 there are no pelicans nor other birds.
When in flood Pelicans, Swans, Cornorants, Ducks, Terms & Seagulls can also be found here and throughout the Channel Country.
Our office cannot provide road guarantees.
General information and warnings for outback roads can be found on the South Australian Department of Transport website: https://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/OutbackRoads