Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre Conditions
Regular updates on Lake Eyre water levels, bird life, road conditions and more.
Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre Information
- Water Level:
- Floodwaters are beginning to reach Lake Eyre & combine with surface water from local rainfall.
- Pelicans are starting to gather on Dalhunty Island. Other bird species have also been spotted in recent days. We expected bird numbers to continue to increase.
- No wildflowers yet
Lake Eyre Conditions & Water Levels
As of March 2022:
- Water is beginning to travel down the Channel Country.
- Floodwaters from the Macumba and Neales Rivers have reached their end
- Madigan Gulf 300mm - drying and turning pink
- Belt Bay 2m
- Warburton Groove is flowing
- Lake Eyre South 1.6m
Bird Life - Channel Country
- Bird life is frequently seen by air but not all bird types may be found on every flight (we cannot guarantee viewing of birds)
- Currently, March 2022 pelicans and other birds are starting to be seen in Lake Eyre. Pelicans, Swans, Cornorants, Ducks, Terms & Seagulls can also be found in the Channel Country.
Wildflowers and Vegetation
- Wildflowers are expected to start appearing after recent rainfall.
- Wildflowers are often seen at the Anna Creek Painted Hills after some rainfall! - book your flight with ground tour here