Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre Conditions
Regular updates on Lake Eyre water levels, bird life, road conditions and more.
Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre Information
- Water Level:
- Estimated half full
- No wildflowers yet
Lake Eyre Conditions & Water Levels
The Bureau of Meteorology reported at the end of April that "The surface (of Lake Eyre) is more than half covered with water".
It is estimated that by June the Lake could be three quarters full, which will be significantly more than when it reached one third full in 2010.
Update 23 May 2019
- Lake Eyre is currently approximately 75% full with a second flush of water expected by mid June
- Belt Bay, Jackboot Bay are full of water, and the Warburton Groove is continuing to provide water into the south of Lake Eyre North
- Halligan Point lookout, with an unpowered camp site, is accessible by road where you can view the lake from the ground (no water can be seen from this point currently)
Bird Life - Channel Country
- Bird life in the Channel Country and Lake Eyre is increasing and currently contains Pelicans, Swans, Cormorants, Ducks, Terns and Seagulls
- Bird life is frequently seen by air but not all bird types may be found on every flight (we cannot guarantee viewing of birds)
Wildflowers and Vegetation
- Wildflowers are not currently in the Channel Country however are expected to occur in the coming weeks