Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre Conditions
Regular updates on Lake Eyre water levels, bird life, road conditions and more.
Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre Information
- Water Level:
- Empty- White salt crust surface with water starting to come down the Warburton Groove
- No wildflowers yet
Lake Eyre Conditions & Water Levels
As of April 2021:
- Lake Eyre has a small amount of surface water in parts from local rainfall
- Belt Bay, Jackboot Bay & The Madigan Gulf have surface water from local rainfall but will soon evaporate
- Halligan Point lookout, white salt shimmer - no water
- Water coming down the Warburton River & now starting to come down the Warburton Groove - almost at Dalhunty Island!
Bird Life - Channel Country
- Bird life in the Channel Country and Lake Eyre -there are currently no Pelicans, Swans, Cormorants, Ducks, Terns and Seagulls
- Bird life is frequently seen by air but not all bird types may be found on every flight (we cannot guarantee viewing of birds)
- Curently, April 2021 there are no birds.
Wildflowers and Vegetation
- Wildflowers are not in the Channel Country.
- As of April 2021 Wildflowers are starting to come alive again at the Anna Creek Painted Hills after some recent rainfall! - book your flight with ground tour here