Media Reports on Lake Eyre, The Anna Creek Painted Hills and life at William Creek.
Click below for Ch7 & BOM:-
General Lake Eyre Flight Booking Information:
- Due to demand, we strongly recommend all persons wanting to book a flight from William Creek or Coober Pedy is done via bookings on this website www.wrightsair.com.au
Lake Eyre Conditions (end September 2019)-
- The Warburton Groove at the top of Lake Eyre North has dried.
- Halligan Point lookout, with an unpowered camp site, accessible by road where you can view the lake from the ground
Bird Life - Channel Country
- Bird life in the Channel Country and Lake Eyre has started to decline
- Wildflowers and Vegetation
Still very Green in the Birdsville Channel Country areas.
- SA Roads
- General information and warnings for outback roads can be found at the link below, our office cannot provide road guarantees. https://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/OutbackRoads
The Lake Eyre Scenic and Charter Flight Specialists
WRIGHTSAIR, "The Spirit of the Outback" & Lake Eyre Scenic Flight & Charter Flight Specialist was established in 1992 by Trevor Wright. It operates under the LA & AM Matthews Air Operator's Certificate, providing scenic and charter flights by highly experienced commercial pilots with extensive outback experience.
The company specialises in Lake Eyre (Kati Thanda) & Anna Creek Painted Hills outback scenic flights, as well as, Aboriginal Art Tours and aircraft charter from William Creek, Marree and Coober Pedy in outback South Australia. We operate highly maintained high wing single engine aircraft and low wing well appointed twin engined aircraft.
The fleet includes two twin engine Aerostar aircraft and in the single engine range: a Cessna 208B Grand Caravan, GA8 Airvan, Cessna 210, Cessna 207, Cessna 206, Cessna 182 and Cessna 172. These aircraft are utilised for their reliability, comfort and suitability in outback areas of Australia.
2016, 2017 & 2018 SA Tourism Award Winner
Wrightsair is proud to be the winner of the 2016, 2017 & 2018 Award for "Major Tour and Transport Operator & to have been inducted into the S.A. Tourism 'Hall of Fame'.
Our Top Flights
Experience our most popular flights