Coober Pedy Outback Spectacular from Coober Pedy
Coober Pedy, Anna Creek Station, Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre, William Creek, Anna Creek Painted Hills
Half day (approx)
COOBER PEDY OUTBACK SPECTACULAR
The Outback Spectacular trip (starting and ending in Coober Pedy) is one of the best ways to see remote Southern Australia. Your itinerary:
Depart Coober Pedy for the Anna Creek Painted Hills, set in Outback South Australia and covering an area of 30km by 10km. Made of sandstone, the hills are in pristine condition and show off incredible vibrant colours and an . No roads exist in this area and it can only be viewed by air and accessed by tour with Wrightsair. This includes a landing at the Painted Hills and a guided walk of approximately 45 minutes. The walk is considered easy to moderate and suitable for most, though good mobility is essential as our footpath is a rough "goat track" over undulating terrain and through creek beds with uneven footing.
From the Painted Hills, we will track north to Lake Eyre, Australia's largest inland, salt lake. Our flight path takes us overhead the southern areas of Lake Eyre North, including Belt Bay which is the lowest point in Australia, Halligan Bay, Silcrete and Dalhunty Islands and to the mouth of Jackbook Bay. Lake Eyre is best seen from the air and is spectacular whether in flood or when dry. Lake Eyre has no shortage of marvellous patterns and colours that change daily.
• All passengers should wear light and comfortable clothing with comfortable suitable footwear for walking through a rugged terrain.
• It is recommended that passengers wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat as there is very little shade at the hills.
• All passengers should come equipped with a refillable water bottle. Bottled water will also be supplied.
• Drop toilets are available.
• A camera is an absolute must! You won’t be short of photographic opportunities!
The flight includes full commentary via noise cancelling headsets provided to all guests and superb window views.
Departure times will be confirmed the evening prior.
Terms and Conditions apply.